Sunday, April 22, 2012

Luck at the grocery store

I had a lot of running around and errand running to do on Saturday. Grocery shopping was one of my pit stops. I actually went to two grocery shops, one for fruits and veges and such and the other for all the other stuff I need.

When I was paying for my groceries, I spotted a $1.01 lying around. You are probably wondering where this odd amount will be just lying around so let me explain. I went to the self check out. There was very people in the self check out where as there was lineups at the ones with real people. Normally, I prefer the regular cash registers with the clerks but I was in a hurry and didn't have too much and since self check out had an empty spot (or two or three), I went there.

I paid for all my groceries and when I was getting my receipt, there was a 2005 loonie and a shiny new 2010 penny in the change dispenser. Someone forgot their change and it had obviously been sitting there for a bit. Since no one else claimed it, I decided to claim it.

Saturday's total: $1.01

No comments:

Post a Comment