Thursday, August 8, 2013

Cottage Country

Summer vacation time. Not that we've gone somewhere far and away but it's a vacation away from work so that's a good thing.

We got invited to a friend's cottage for a few days. They have a cottage on an amazing piece of land in Haliburton on Big Hawk Lake.  They have about 200 feet of lake frontage and the sun beams down on their property all day. Can't ask for better than that. I decided to be brave, slip into my bathing suit and go for a dip. I was acclimatizing myself to the "refreshing" water when I noticed a couple of coins in the water - a 2004 nickel and a 1999 dime.  (15¢ total)

If you look carefully at the photo, you can see a little fishy and just below the fish, slightly to the left, you can see the nickel. I had a photo of the dime but due to the sun's reflection, it was really hard to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment