Sunday, November 13, 2011

Coin find catch up

It's been weeks since I last wrote anything. Street coins are scarce. And then I get lucky and find 12 cents in four days.

Wednesday morning I parked my car at it's usual location at the Go station. Not always the same spot but the same general area. Nothing exciting about that. Just another routine day. And I didn't have to run for the train which was nice - got there in plenty of time. Went to work, did my thing, took the evening train home. Strolled to my car and that's when it got exciting. There was a 2011 dime right beside my car. It was lying in wait by the driver's door. Why the excitement? Well, the dime wasn't there in the morning yet it magically appeared at home time.

Friday night I had to take my mother to emergency. Nothing serious. The staff at this hospital were great. We were there for many hours which was the drawback but at the end of it all, they sent her home with stuff that would help with what ailed her.  When they discharged her, I left her waiting by the door while I went to get my car and there under the covered emergency entrance was a very battered penny, year unknown as it was hard to make out. It had definitely seen better days; it was no longer round as some of the edges were missing, and it looked like it have been run over many many times (and it probably was by ambulances, cars and stretchers).

Today (Sunday) I went to my favourite deli to get some European bread, deli meats, and other treats. As my stuff was being run through the cash I noticed a penny on the ground - a 1998 penny. Considering it's age, it was still pretty shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment