Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Saturday Cent

It was time to wash that grey right out of my hair. I was way past due getting my hair done and since I was going out with my husband Saturday night (we were going to Roy Thompson Hall to watch the Wizard of Oz and listen to the TSO play the musical score) I wanted that grey gone.

I had a hair appointment Saturday morning. As I got out of my car, right beside it was a 1975 penny.

As a side note, the presentation of the movie with the TSO was great. The live score added to the enjoyment of the movie. When I bought the tickets, the box office girl said that attendees were encouraged to dress up and so I did.  I wanted to go as Glinda but wound up going as the Wicked Witch of the West. Many in the audience were dressed up. The row in front of us had two members of the Lollipop Guild, Poppies, the yellow brick road, the Wicked Witch of the East (yes, the one that had the house fall on her - could tell by her striped socks that curled at the end). Behind me sat the Lion and the Scarecrow. Many of the musicians were also dressed up. It was fun night.

No comments:

Post a Comment