Sunday, September 15, 2013

Event-Full Day

Saturday was a sunny, crisp, mid-September Day and I had it filled with activities.

In the morning, I took my mom to a local farmer's market. We walked around a bit and bought some fresh veges and some fruit from local farmers. The prices at the market aren't cheaper than what the grocery store charges, but you know that what you're buying was just picked and you're supporting local growers.

I found a 2010 quarter near a melon stand. It was under the container holding watermelons. In case you're wondering, I did not buy any melons.

I found a 1968 nickel near a vege stand. I did buy a mix of green and yellow beans and they were yummy.





Later, my husband and I went to two local festivals. We went to the Polish Festival first. I didn't find any coins there but I did enjoy some pierogies, samosas, Polish desserts and other goodies. I also enjoyed the Elvis impersonator, busters juggling, the local musicians, the Polish dancers and musicians and the band Brathanki, who travelled all the way from Poland and performed at this event.

After fun and frolic at this event, we went to the Ukrainian Festival. It was also a hub of activity with merchants selling all kinds of stuff including Ukrainian style clothes. We missed the Ukrainian dancers but we did catch a Ukrainian band playing on the main stage. I didn't catch their name but they were great! We also caught a top notch Irish type band performing. I found a 2004 dime in front of a deflating carnival treat blow-up tent.

Total find: one nickel, one dime, and one quarter for a total of 40¢

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna, I love your blog - quirky and unusual and always interesting! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award, you can get the details of how to go about it from my blog Art Earth Ink Soul, on the 24 Sept post.

    ReplyDelete