Wednesday, May 14, 2014

It's been a long, long time

It seems forever since I last wrote something. Fewer coins are lost these days. How sad is that. And then when I do find out, it takes me a bit of time to get back into the blogging groove.

I was out one night a couple of weeks ago walking my pooch around the neighbourhood.  Poochie and I were one our way home, about half a block from home when I noticed a nickel (1980) at the end of someone's driveway. Since I don't normally take my camera with me when I walk my dog in my neighbourhood, I had to take note of the driveway and area of the driveway that I spotted the coin,  go home and get my camera, return to driveway and then re-find the coin and snap it's picture.

The next thing was hoping that anyone who spotted me with my flashlight looking for that coin and then taking a street photo didn't call the police to report suspicious behaviour. I'm guessing no one was peering out their window cause no police cruiser came looking for me.

Total: 5¢

1 comment:


  1. A day spent walking the floor at a coin show, scanning all the dealers' cases looking for a key date Mercury dime or Walking Liberty half dollar that will complete a set ten years in the making is never a day wasted.
    For new or younger collectors, the advantage to type collecting is that such sets can accommodate almost any budget since key dates and ultra rarities are no longer an issue.
    Take a look: coin collector case

    ReplyDelete