Thursday, July 7, 2011

A lucky night

A friend and I went to see the Donny and Marie show at the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts. We had great seats and enjoyed a fabulous show.

I love Donny. I've been a long time fan and really wanted his autograph so we waited back stage for Donny to emerge. First we waited in the bar of the hotel across the street. We could see the back stage door from where we were sitting and since it appeared it would be a long wait, we had a drink and snack and then returned to the back stage door. The wait was worth - eventually a very tired looking Donny emerge and graciously shook hands, posed for pictures and signed autographs for his adoring fans. With a smile on his face he signed my program. I was a very happy camper.

On the way back to the car, my friend wanted some street meat so we stopped by the hot dog cart. While waiting for her hot dog to cook, we chatted with a couple American tourists who were waiting for their veggie dog. They were enjoying their vacation in TO, talking about the sites they saw and their upcoming adventures. On the Queen Street, near the vendor was a 1989 dime just waiting for me.

What a great night - Donny and Marie, seeing Donny up close and getting his autograph, street meat and a dime. Pretty good night if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment