Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pennies from Heaven

There are movies called Pennies from Heaven and many artists have recorded the song Pennies from Heaven. Some believe that the pennies, nickels, dimes, etc. you find on the street are from "pennies from heaven" - angel or departed loved ones letting you know they're still around. Personally, I think the change on sidewalks comes from holes in pockets, or slip out of wallets or purses when rummaged through - lost change looking for a new home.

Unlike most pedestrians, I collect these coins. "Spot a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck." And of course it's luck; I'm a penny (or nickel or dime or quarter or whatever) richer than I was before I found that coin. For a year (2009 to 2010) I kept a diary of any coins that I found and found a total of $4.10. Some days I found multiple coins and some days no coins.

One March day in 2009, I found a shiny 2007 penny and nearly smacked into someone who looked an awful lot like Morgan Freeman. There was a limo parked on the street, close to where I nearly ran him over,  so maybe...

I'm still finding coins and so this blog is dedicated to all the coins I find, lying in wait.  So I may not blog every day, unless I find a coin every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment