Thursday, July 14, 2011

Made in America

I found this coin yesterday (lucky July 13) but was too tired to write about my find, so here's what happened:

I had an interview yesterday morning. It was a long process - one hour written test followed by a 45 minute interview (three on the interview panel). It went ok but the interview experience was great. The interview process with my current employer is intimidating (expressionless faces who ask question making the experience feel more like an oral exam); this one was interactive.

I didn't have to be back at my office till after lunch so after the interview, I had a bit of time to kill. I contemplated walking back to the office. The walk would have taken me about an hour but the sun was hot that about half way there, I hopped on the subway. At my exit subway station was a fabulous violinist playing a lively song that sounded very familiar (I gave him a Toonie).

It was lunch time and I was hungry so I decided to stay in the underground in search of something to eat.
In my quest for just the right delicacy, I found a 1942 US penny. It was lying in wait near one of the food vendors.

Perhaps this lucky penny bodes well for the interview outcome? Maybe but I do know for sure that I'm one cent richer.

No comments:

Post a Comment