Friday, August 19, 2011

Lost Penny Found and More

Well I found the lost penny on the morning of August 10 while I was getting ready for work. It was poking out from under a shoe box in my closet. How do I know for sure it was the lost penny? Well, it's well worn - looks like it's been run over and trampled on.  It's a 1999, only looks older.

Later that morning at break time, I went to Starbucks at the corner of John and Wellington with a friend/co-worker. We were meeting a former co-worker (she's now working at another office). Anyway,  under a patio table near the door was a 2005 dime.

At lunch time, I was running over to the Bay on Queen Street to buy my nephew's birthday gift. En route, on the sidewalk, on the south side of King Street, east of John Street but west of Simcoe (across from Il Fornello's), near a tree was a 1952-2002 penny.

Quite the prosperous day -11 cents plus the lost penny was found.

The next day (August 11), on my way to the office, I found a pretty shiny 2005 penny. It was lying in wait on the sidewalk on the north side of Wellington, near the Metro Concourse entrance (facing The Shore Club) to the south.

I went for a walk at lunch time. Stuck in the crack in the sidewalk on the east side of a very busy Spadina Road, just south of Queen Street was a 1983 penny waiting to be rescued. It was more worn than my found lost penny. I had to clean the penny to make out it's year.

I found a third penny on August 11. It's a 2009.  I was continuing on my lunch time trek south on Spadina, popped into Winners to see what they had and was on my back to the office. I was cutting across the gas station on the corner of Spadina and Clarence Square and there was the shiny penny, lying in the gas bar waiting to be pocketed.

I went through many dry days and got lucky on August 16. I went for an evening stroll with my pooch and my neighbour. We had just left our neighbourhood and on the sidewalk on the south east corner of Dixie and Sherway Drive was a 2005 dime.

No comments:

Post a Comment