Monday, August 29, 2011

The Asphalt Penny

Street coins are sparse these days. I can't blame it on the heat - it's been hot but not that hot. I wonder if this shortage has anything to do with college and university students getting ready to return to school. They need all the pennies they can find - tuition, books and fun money add up fast, especially the fun money

Anyway, I did find a penny today but I couldn't pick it up. I went for a longer stroll at lunch time today. I walked from my office at King and John to the Bay on Queen Street. On the way there, on Queen at University, there was a penny embedded in the asphalt. Don't know what year but it was definitely Canadian. I couldn't pick it up - it was definitely permanently embedded.

Well, maybe if I had a pick I could get it out but not without the risk of getting hit by oncoming traffic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment