Wednesday, March 28, 2012

All washed up

What a glorious day. Yesterday - cold and frosty. Today - warm and mild. Mind you, the wind picked up and it got colder late afternoon into the evening. But it was sunny and seeing the sun is a very good thing. Everyone is happy when the sun is shining in the sky.

I met my lunch date today. My coin collecting greatly amuses him. Today, our lunch destiny was this Indian buffet place called Dhaba. Food there is yummy. Love their salad bar and samosas and freshly made naan, and tandoori chicken and pakoras. Actually, everything I've had is good. Anyway, Dhaba is on King Street so we headed west from our office tower, passing an assortment of restaurants along the way. In a puddle, in front of a restaurant called Ultimate (where a very charming man (George) with a fabulous accent works, I spotted a penny (a 2011 penny). So George and my friend watched me swoosh the penny out of the puddle, on to dry land and scoop it up with a kleenex. George of course was wondering what I was doing, and my friend was just amused, making cheeky comments. I explained things to George who graciously posed for a photo for me, after I took a photo of the coin in the water.
George at Ultimate Cafe

After lunch, in the empty patio area of the restaurant next door to George's, I found a very worn 1975 penny. I stopped to take another photo of the pond and restaurants - George was quite amused to see me return and take more pictures.

Two finds equalling 2¢ in less than an hour. Not too bad.

Then, later in the evening, when I was filling up my car at the Petro station, (up, grudgingly filled up cause gas is going up to $1.36 - or so the newspeople said). By the gas pump I found another 2011 penny. This one was a bit newer looking than the first find of the day.

Total today: 3¢.

No comments:

Post a Comment