Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 2013


Looking a little rough
With this entry I will be all caught up with my finds. Between January 4 and 24 I found a few pennies at various locations on King Street, Queen Street, Front Street and Wellington. The finds were as follows: two 2010 pennies,  one from each of the following years: 1987, 1867-1992, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, and 2006. I also found two American pennies, year unknown due to their poor condition.

Penny arcade?
On January 29, I drove to work. I parked my car in the usual outdoor parking lot. Day was rainy and miserable. On the way back to the car at the end of the work day, I spotted a coin in a puddle. I pulled off my gloves and plunked it out. Turns out it wasn't a Canadian or American coin but an arcade token with "no cash value".

January 31, last day of the month. So yesterday, the temperature was in the teens, today it dropped to below zero, causing some flash freezing and driving mayhem. I had to take my mother to a doctor's appointment today (which happened to be at a hospital) and had to drive in the mess. Anyway, in the parking lot of the hospital I found a 1979 penny tucked in the corner by the door.
Do you see it in the corner?

Total finds in January: 10¢ Canadian, 2¢ US and one arcade token. 

No comments:

Post a Comment