Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Lucky Tuesday

So yesterday (February 4), the Royal Canadian Mint officially stopped distributing pennies (seems they cost more to produce than they're worth). I was momentarily worried about my blog: will my finds be scarce? Or non-existant? Will I have start travelling abroad in search of lost coins? Will I have to come up with a clever eulogy for the penny?

Between the cart and the post
Seems I don't have to worry about that just yet. Today I found four coins. Yes, a cold January day and I found three pennies and a dime.

Under the metal
Two of the coins were found during my brisk lunchtime walk back to the office. The first one (a 1999 penny) was found near the corner of King and John (on the southeast side). It was just past the light post and the hot dog vendor.

Do you see it in the crack?
The second one was found in front of the doors that lead to Metro Hall (off of David Pecaut Square). There is some scaffolding there and the 2007 penny was near the scaffolds.

Penny number three (a salt stained 1987 US penny) was found on the sidewalk (on the northwest side of Wellington and Peter) in front of the Soho Hotel. I found that one after work, on my way to the parking lot where my car was patiently waiting for me.

Poochie protecting the find
The fourth find was found during my evening walk with my dog. We were on my street (literally, in the middle of my street) a couple houses from home when I spotted a glint (reflected off the street lamp). I looked and much to my surprise, it was a 2007 US dime. (Got my pooch to sort of pose for the picture).





Total for today: 2¢ Canadian, 11¢ US.

No comments:

Post a Comment