Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday at the Zoo

Today was a lovely, frosty winter day. If you believe the groundhog's prediction, these days are numbered and spring is around the corner. Guess the groundhog has a 50/50 chance of being right.

Highland cow ready for her close up
Since it was such a nice day, I decided to take my dog for a walk to High Park Zoo. Can't believe Rob Ford doesn't support the zoo. For a frosty winter day, there were many families with young children visiting the animals. I have fond memories of visiting the zoo as a child and have taken my own children to this zoo - still do (my 17 year old joined me and the dog today).

My dog loves the zoo. Last time I took her, she wanted to play with the Highland calf. Today, she wanted to play with the young llama. Llama was interested (they were nose to nose) and then the dog barked and the llama lost interest and wouldn't pose for a picture.

After the invigorating walk, I stopped off at the grocery store to pick up a few things, one of the things being a bag of Party Mix. When I pull out the bag of chips, a 5¢ Canadian Tire bill fell out. I wasn't at Canadian Tire but will use it next time I'm there.

Total find today: 5¢ Canadian Tire (not a coin but still counts).

No comments:

Post a Comment