Monday, January 6, 2014

All frosty and wet

Happy New Year. My first find in 2014
I've been off work for the last couple of weeks. I save my vacation time so I could be off between Christmas and New Year. Today was my first day back. It was nice to see my co-workers. The work on my desk was not as nice. So much paper work to do and so little time to do it all. 

I like to go out at lunch time - gets me out of the office and I get some fresh air. Today my lunch time adventures took me south. I wandered around HomeSense. I had a mission. I am looking for a lampshade for a lamp in our rev-room.  They had lampshades but nothing that would match the lamp.

When I returned to the office, I found a well-worn penny in our parking lot. The year and country of origin in not clear as this penny was flattened and a bit green. I think I made out a faint outline of a maple leaf. Interesting that I would still be finding lost pennies even though the Canadian government took them out of circulation. The penny was soggy, cold and wet but it dried and quickly warmed up in my pocket. :)

Total 1¢

No comments:

Post a Comment