Monday, February 24, 2014

Hospital cents



Early this month (February) my mother wasn't feeling well so on Sunday, February 9th, I took her to emergency. She forgets that she's in her 80s and can't do all that she's used to doing and rather than wait for someone to come and shovel her driveway (and she had many offers), she shovelled the light snow that had fallen herself. Her stubbornness resulted in chest pain and a visit to the emergency room.  The hospital decided to admit her. When I was leaving, I found a 2009 dime.

The next day my brother and I went to visit her. They moved her from emergency to a room - more tests were needed. Her room was in a new wing in the hospital. The new wing was quite nice - if you have to stay overnight in a hospital, a new wing is definitely a nice place to stay - cheery looking room. When we were leaving, I found a 2010 nickel and a 2004 dime near the pay station.

In case you're wondering, thankfully she did not have a heart attack; she strained some heart muscles. And the nurses and doctors all lectured her about not shovelling her driveway.

Total find: 25¢ - two dimes and nickel

No comments:

Post a Comment