Sunday, March 2, 2014

Family Day weekend

Family Day weekend marked the start of reading week. One of my daughter's goes to Ottawa U. We drove to Ottawa to pick her up, spend the weekend there and enjoy a bit of Winterlude and then bring her home.

I found a couple coins in our hotel room. We stayed in Les Suites-nice room (much like a mini-apartment with a kitchen, dining, living and separate bedroom area) in a central location. Only draw back was the previous occupant had or cooked curry in the place and so when you walk in, that's all I could smell (the smell was not noticeable after a bit). And we couldn't switch rooms cause the place was fully booked. I found a 1980 quarter by a chair in the dining area. Later, I found a 2010 quarter in the bedroom.

We went wandering to check out the ice sculptures. Did a bit of skating on the Rideau Canal. It was frosty but lovely. We also did a bit of shopping (or more like looking). I found a 1975 US dime in Urban Outfitters.

Total: 50¢ and 10¢ US

No comments:

Post a Comment