Thursday, September 1, 2011

Let's Go to the Ex

I went to the Ex today - my yearly excursion. In my youth, I spend five summers working at the Ex, two years selling junk jewelry and three years as a games attendant, one of which I managed the fish pond ("prize every time"). I worked long hours but had a blast

Back to the present,  the Ex was quite busy for a Wednesday night  - reminded me of when I was younger - crowds of people everywhere. We got there after 5 so it only cost us $5 to get in.

I had my fill of mini donuts, a corn dog and an ice cream waffle sandwich. Cravings fulfilled and I'm good for another year.

We were wandering around the grounds and I found a 2008 dime behind BMO field. Later, I found 2007 penny (a shiny brand new copper penny no less) in the midway. It was on the ground near one of the games (toss  a ball into the mouth of a wooden painted creature.) Too bad it wasn't a quarter - that would have bought me one more game of Roller Bowler.

No comments:

Post a Comment