Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Vacation Catch Up, Part 2

When I'm near the ocean I like to get up early and take a long walk on the beach. I was up around 6:30 which was later than I wanted to be but the tide was out and off I trotted on the shores of Cape Cod Bay.

One never knows what lies on the ocean floor when the tide goes out. I found some shells which made me really happy. I also found a penny in the Bay. Who'd have thought I would have found a penny in the water. It was a little salt covered and salt corroded. The year was hard to make out but it was definitely a US coin.

The next day I didn't find any coins on the streets of P-town, on Race Point Beach or in Cape Cod Bay but I did find a penny in the radiator of our hotel. It was night time and I was sitting on the couch with my daughter watching television. The radiator sits just below the window so I looked over at the window, glanced down and there was the coin. It was a 2005 US dime.

No comments:

Post a Comment