Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Vacation Catch Up, Part 3

August 3 was our last day on the Cape. We had breakfast, loaded the car and off we went. We made a stop in Chatham for a bit of shopping. Bit of a snotty town but Jaclyn wanted a sweatshirt and didn't see any she liked in P-town. We went into this one shop that was not over-priced. She found a sweatshirt she liked and a couple nick-nacks for her friends. We stood in line to pay for the stuff and spotted a 2000 US penny. This was the first of my finds on the road trip home.

We drove north through Boston (which was a traffic jam ordeal), heading to New Hampshire, Vermont and final destination for today being Quebec City (one of my favourite cities). We stopped off in Lincoln, New Hampshire for some gas and a pit stop. There were copies of  newspaper clippings in the bathroom about a couple (in 1961) who claim that aliens abducted them. It was this gas station that I found a 1950 penny on the road just outside the gas station office. 

The scenery in New Hampshire and Vermont is beautiful and a lot less stressful than the drive through Boston. And of course, Quebec has it's lovely parts. We checked into our hotel, freshened up and headed to town for some food. We were starving. It was on Grand- Allee Est in front of one of the many restaurants that I found my final and biggest find of the day. It wasn't a coin but a 20 dollar bill (Canadian). When I found it, it was half past midnight and the bill itself was folded many times over hence the reason it was over-looked on the busy dark street. I took a picture of the restaurant the next day as I didn't have my camera with me that night.

Total for the day $20.02

No comments:

Post a Comment