Friday, January 6, 2012

First Find of the Year

It's been a rough week. I was off this last week and a half, sleeping in. Getting up at the crack of dawn has not been easy and I haven't felt like rushing for the train. As many are off this week, I decided to take advantage of this light traffic and drive to work. I have an aversion to underground/indoor parking so I park in this outdoor lot on the corner of Front and Blue Jays Way. It's a few blocks from my office.

I like the parking lot attendant there. He's a friendly fellow and although I don't drive often he remembers me and I always get a very warm morning hello from him.  I learned something from him today. He's an Ethiopian Orthodox Christian and is celebrating Christmas this weekend, same as the Greeks, Russians and Ukrainians. I didn't know there were Ethiopian Orthodox Christians so I wished him a Merry Christmas. He told me his new year is celebrated in September. Wish I had more time to talk to him this morning; this is all very interesting to me and he's gone by the time I leave work.

Anyway, back to my find. My work day was quite busy and before I knew it it was home time. On my way to my car I found a 2005 US dime on the south side of Wellington, east of Blue Jays Way but west of the Marriott Hotel. It was near light post. I scooped it up and put it in my pocket.

Happiness - coins are still waiting to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment