Monday, January 23, 2012

Four coins on a Monday

I know I've whined about Mondays. I really don't like Mondays especially cold, dreary and rainy Mondays. It stays dark for so long. If it was snowing, at least it wouldn't be dreary and dark but rain just adds to the misery. The only thing that makes Monday's better is finding coins, especially in the morning.

So like most Mondays, I was scrambling out of the house so as not to miss my train but I hit every red light between my house and the station and guess what happened. Yup, I saw the train pull into the station as I was pulling into the parking lot.  I waved at it as I was locking my car and it was pulling away.

While walking in the darkness from my car to the station, I pocketed three dimes found at various locations in the parking lot. I was surprised that I was able to spot any coins in the darkness. All three dimes were 2010.

After work, I took a leisurely stroll from my office to my night class. I made a few pit stops along the way - a browse through Winners, a bite to eat at a fast food joint and a window shopping at some shops along the way. Walking on Front Street, I headed north on George Street and found a 2001 penny on the west side of George Street, half way between King and Front.

Grand total for today 31 cents.


No comments:

Post a Comment