Friday, March 15, 2013

Home Base

Canadian Find
Friday at last and I'm back at my home base. It's been a long haul and feels good to be back. It was nice to see my workmates again, although many are off for March Break.

I buy goodies for the snack bar. A couple of my work friends had emailed me when I was at the offsite locations asking when I'd be back as the snack bar was down to the bare bones. So last night I went to Costco and bought a bunch of stuff (vege chips, chocolate, etc) to replenish the bar. Since I had all this stuff, I decided to drive to work today. I didn't want to lug it all on the train. I drove to my usual outdoor parking lot (one of the few remaining outdoor lots), exchanged pleasantries with the parking lot attendant and parked my car. I grabbed some of the stuff (two trips are needed to bring all the goodies in) and headed to the office.

I was walking on Wellington (north side) just east of Peter near the convenience store when I found my first find of the day - a 1998 penny.

Later, I was having lunch with a couple of my work friends. We went to this nice Thai place in King Street called Dazzling. We each a different lunch special and it was all good.  On the way back to the office, on King Street, just east of John near Metro Hall, I found my second find of the day - a very oxidized US penny. It is so green, it's impossible to make out what year it is.
US Find

Total for today - 1¢ US, 1¢ Canadian

No comments:

Post a Comment