Sunday, March 24, 2013

From Far Away

I actually found this coin on Friday (March 21) just didn't have time to write about it til now.
Can you spot the coin peaking out?

Friday, a coworker and I went for a lunchtime walk. My youngest daughter will be going to her prom this year so my coworker and I went out scouting for dresses. We left our office building, headed to John Street and then went north on John. There's a lot of construction going on in the area - lots of condos going up. There's one going up on the corner of Adelaide and John.

Under the billboard surrounding the area where a condo is going up I found an interesting coin. The copper was quite tarnished so I tried cleaning it to so that the coin details could be made out. The coin is octogonal and I could tell the writing on it was Arabic. One of my work friends can read in Arabic. He helped decipher the coin's origins. My find is a 1998 cent from the United Arab Emirates.

Total: 1¢ United Arab Emirates
The Coin

No comments:

Post a Comment