Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Little Green

Scrawny Tree 
I am soooo happy that pennies are not as scarce as I thought they'd be given the fact they are being phased out. Today, I was walking from my office to the GO station. I took a slightly different route today. To get to Front Street and then the train station I usually walk through this courtyard on the east of the CBC building. Today, I walked through this little courtyard on the east side of the Ritz Carlton.

Near this scrawny tree growing there I spotted a 1980 penny. What's interesting about this penny is the side that was facing up was that lovely shade of green that oxidized copper takes. The other side (the side in the dirt) was copper coloured.

Total 1¢

Oxidized penny
For those interesting in the prom dress search, you'll be happy to know that the search is over. We (she) found "the" dress. We went to this dress shop (Nina's Boutique) not far from where I live. This cozy little shop has over 5,000 dresses. They had photos of their dresses on an iPad. All my daughter had to do was browse through the pictures, find a few dresses she liked, and try them on. She found a few she liked but only two she liked enough to try on. The one we thought would like nice on
did not and the one I was iffy on, looked fabulous on her and best of all it was not stupidly priced. She's happy. The search is over and that make me really happy.
Flip Side

No comments:

Post a Comment