Sunday, April 14, 2013

Prom Dress Shopping

My daughter's feet
My daughter will be graduating from high school this year and you know what that means - prom dress shopping. Boys have it so much easier, they can either rent a tux or blow the dust off that suit hanging in the closet or buy another all purpose black or navy blue suit. Girls, on the other hand, need to buy a fancy gown that will be overpriced, worn only once and then sit in the closet where it will collect dust until it is bagged and taken to the local Goodwill. Anyway, it is my motherly duty to ensure my daughter looks stunning at her prom and therefore have to suffer through the dreaded prom dress shopping. By the way, my daughter enjoys prom dress shopping as much as I do.
Heading South

Yesterday (Saturday), we ventured down to Queen and Spadina. We wandered, she tried on and found a couple dressed she liked aspects of but she didn't find "the" dress.

On to the coin collecting. The first find of the day was spotted on Queen Street (east of Spadina, on the south side), in front of some retail clothing shop. It was a 2001 dime.

Later, when the shopping expedition was done and we were heading back to the car, I spotted a penny (2004) on the sidewalk on Clarence Square at Spadina.

Total find on a cloudy Saturday - 11¢

No comments:

Post a Comment