Friday, April 19, 2013

All Wet

Friday. Don't we all just love Fridays. The last day of the week but the start of a busy weekend. Yesterday was mild and we had a wicked downpour (in Toronto anyway) in the evening. North of here (in Shelbourne and East Gwillimbury), we had confirmed tornados touch down. In Toronto, today started off warm but now it's chilly and very windy.

Enough of the local weather review.

Parking Lot Puddle Nickel
I had a lucky coin day. I take the GO train to work. Here's a somewhat humorous anecdote. I was on the train, standing in my usual spot by the door, reading my book, when the GO Train police guy came down (with his ticket book open) asking if someone just ran past. Didn't see anyone run past (not that they could get far as this was the last car with no place to go and the train was in between stations). Guess this guy thought he could get away without having to pay his fare. Not sure if he was caught or not.

Anyway, on my way from the train station to my office, I cut across this parking lot (behind Joe Badalis).  In a puddle in the parking lot, I found a 2011 nickel.

Manhole surprise
Later, during my lunch time, I went to a book store (BMV). I was looking for something specific. They didn't have the book so I decided to check out Chapters. On my way to Chapters, I headed south along John Street. In the middle of Richmond and John (south west side) I spotted my second find -- a 1999 penny -- in a rain-filled crack around a manhole cover. It's a pretty new looking penny considering how old it is. It was in the middle of the street so I had to scramble to take the picture. Glad I was quick enough to take the photo before the cars started tooting their horns at me. And no, didn't find the book at Chapters either.

Total find 11¢

No comments:

Post a Comment