Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bonus at the grocery store

I try to get most of my grocery shopping done Friday nights. Friday's are usually less busy than any day on the weekend and I don't like grocery shopping during the week unless I have to. Actually, I don't like grocery shopping but it's a necessary evil.

Normally, I go into the store, put my quarter into the cart and off I shop. I guess grocery stores figure that if people have to put a quarter in the cart, they'll return it to the cart-return area to get that quarter back. Even though it's a token amount of money, it's the principal of getting your money back and grocery carts aren't left all over the parking lot.

Well this past Friday, someone has left their grocery cart in the parking lot, not far from where I parked my car. This abandoned cart wasn't far from the cart return area so I figured it was quarterless.  I went to grab it and much to my delight it had a quarter. The former user was either in a hurry or too lazy to walk the cart back to the return area. It wasn't til I was done shopping, returned it to it's spot and retrieved my bonus. The quarter was a 2005, very new looking quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment