Monday, October 24, 2011

I don't mind Mondays

I've whined plenty about Mondays. Yes, they are rough. The alarm does seem louder on Monday's then any other week day but... enough with the whining.

On my morning walk from Union Station to my office, I pass a parking lot. The parking lot is on the corner of Front Street and Simcoe. On the Front Street sidewalk, near a lamp post I found a dirt covered 2008 penny. That's how my day started - one cent richer.

My daughter, who is away at university, decided at the last minute to come Saturday night. She got off the bus and as it drove away, she realized that her laundry bag was on the bus. On my lunch hour, I walked to Union Station Lost and found to see if her bag was turned in. Unfortunately it wasn't yet. A form was filled out and the Lost and Found Lady told me that sometimes it takes up to three business days for stuff to turn up.

On my way back to the office, I found Canadian Tire money - five cents to be exact on Bay Street (west side), north of Front, south of Wellington. There is no Canadian Tire in the vicinity so not really sure how that folded paper fake money found it's way to Bay Street.

Just before home time, the Lost and Found Lady called me to say the bag showed up. Guess I'll be taking another lunch time walk to Union Station again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment