Wednesday, October 12, 2011

So close but yet so far

I take a night course Tuesday nights. I walk from my day job to the college. It's a quick 15 minute walk and so far I've been lucky weather wise. It's been a pleasant stroll.  I'm a quick walker but have learned to slow down - gives me less time to kill between end of my job and the beginning of class.

There's a on church on the corner of King and Simcoe that I pass enrounte to my class. My daughter called as I was passing the church so I stopped in front of the church to talk to her. She was quite upset. Seems there was a squirrel in our pool (must have slipped in when my dog was chasing it around). My daughter got the squirrel out and it was still breathing but then it passed away. She was upset at herself, wishing she had come to its rescue earlier.

While I stood and consoled her, I noticed a penny on the other side of the iron gate surrounding the church. It was too far for me to reach and the wrong side was down so I didn't see the date.

As for the poor squirrel, it's got a burial spot in my backyard. Apparently the service was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment