Monday, October 17, 2011

Two days in one

I was sick most of last week - spent two days in bed and didn't venture out very much so my opportunity to find any lost coins was slim. Went to see a doctor who prescribed me some antibiotics. I wasn't 100% on Friday but better and returned to work. When I was leaving my office building on Friday, hustling to the GO station, I found a 1997 penny. It was pretty shiny and new looking, not at all what you'd expect a 14 year old penny to look like. The penny was on the north side of front street, just east of the CBC building but west of the WSIB building. It was near an entrance to a concourse.

I am a the Breakfast Coordinator for the Writers and Editors Network. We have breakfast meetings the third Saturday of every month. We have a guest speaker at every meeting - topics vary, depending on the speaker. This meeting's guest speaker was fiction crime writer DJ McIntoch who was quite enjoyable. After the meetings, we have our board meeting which lasted quite long this week - many agenda items to get through. 


When I was finally free of my duties and was walking to my car, I found a 2001 penny in the parking lot. This 10 year penny was as not shiny as the 14 year old penny I found the day before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment