Monday, October 3, 2011

Country Road

This past weekend was my annual girls weekend away. Three of my friends and I escape our families for a weekend of fun and frolic. We've been doing this for many years and will hopefully continue this tradition until old age. When I owned a cottage we stayed there. We've also stayed at one of my friend's brother's cottage or we've rented.

This year, we stayed at a cottage on Morrison Lake in Muskoka, near Gravenhurst. This cottage was more like a house then a cottage - it had everything an urbanite would want up north - satellite t.v., Internet, DVD, some kind of playstation, dishwasher, two bathrooms complete with shower, tub and of course toilet and sink, a beachy shoreline and a fire pit. The beds and sofa were quite comfy and the dishwasher a must.

Arrival day was Friday - cold and rainy, Saturday - sunny but cold with a cold wind and Sunday was rainy was warm.

The wind died down Saturday night so we were able to enjoy a nice bon fire complete with roasting sausages (debrizina to be exact). The night was crystal clear. That's what we miss with city dwelling - all those magnificent stars in the sky.

Sunday, Susan and I went for an after breakfast stroll. There was plenty of blue sky and the sun trying to poke through when we left but the clouds moved in fast and it started to drizzle on us. We were walking on Southwood Road where I spotted a penny in front of someone's mailbox. It must have been there for while. It looks like it's weathered many a winter. The year is very hard to make out.

If I ever figure out how to upload the photos stored on my phone, I will post the lovely photo I took of Southwood Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment