Thursday, December 1, 2011

Coin find catch up Part III

I've been so busy this last week and half that I haven't had a chance to write about my great finds. I wish I could be cloned so one of me could do all that I have to do and the other me could do all that I want to do.

Last Wednesday (November 23), I found four pennies. I went for morning break with a co-worker for a walk. She needed to do some banking and the bank (Scotiabank) is about three blocks from where we work. While she was in the bank doing her thing, I waited outside. This bank is on the northeast corner of Queen and McCaul so while I was wandering, checking out local eatery menus I found a 1982 penny in front of the bank.

Later that same day, I was walking with a couple co-workers at lunch time. There's an outdoor parking lot on the corner of Mercer Street and Blue Jays Way. On the Mercer Street sidewalk, in some dirt by the parking lot I found three pennies: a shiny new 2011 penny,  nondescript 2007 and 1986 pennies.

Monday (November 28) started off well enough. I got up in plenty of time, got ready quickly and had time to kill so I decided to do some stuff and next thing you know, I'm rushing out the door cause now I'm late. And guess what - yes I just missed my train. Hate when that happens. Anyway, now I have time to kill before the next train comes so I decided to go to the newspaper boxes and get the free papers when I noticed a 2007 penny by the middle entrance to the train platform.

Then on Tuesday, on my way to work, after leaving the train station and walking along that back road toward my destination, I found a TTC token. That sucker is worth just under $3. That was a good find!

Tonight was the last night of one of my night courses. We had the final exam and it was brutal. It's been a long time since I've had to write an exam and this was a tough one. A bunch of us were going for a post exam drink to a pub that's right across the street from the college. On the street, right by the sidewalk in from of the pub, I found a shiny new 2011 penny. It was a little worn around the edges, I guess from all the cars that would have driven over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment