Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Wellington Pennies

Today was Thursday. It was bright, sunny, not to hot and not muggy at all.  I wouldn't mind it being a few degrees warmer but I'm not complaining.

Do you see it?
I'm not sure what platform my morning train usually uses when it arrives at Union Station but today it was platform Thirteen. Lucky 13, I thought to myself and guess what, it was lucky 13. I found two pennies today.

The first one I found just before I arrived at my building. There's lots of stuff happening around my office building - Luminato and the Thursday Farmers Market has started up. What does that mean? It means lots of trucks, trailers and fencing. I was walking on the north side of Wellington and just before I got to my building penny number one was waiting for me (a 2006 penny).

Here's the other one
The second one I found during my morning break. My co-worker and I were heading to one of the many coffee shops in the area. We headed west on Wellington on the north side of street. We were about 100 or so feet from John Street when I spotted penny number 2. This one was a 2010.

Two for Thursday. Not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment