Sunday, September 25, 2011

Beautiful Sunday

Today was an absolutely perfect September Sunday: sunny, lots of blue sky and warm - no sweater required. It was a perfect day to head on down to Queens Park to the Word on the Street (WOTS). I had a good breakfast, threw on a shirt and capris and off I drove to subway. TTC is the better way to get there.

Mr. Crabby Pants was working at the ticket booth at the station. A couple were trying to figure out how to get to the bus platform. From what I overheard, they got off the subway and made a wrong turn somewhere and needed help getting to where they needed to go and Mr. Crabby Pants (CP for short) TTC ticket booth attendant was of no help what so ever. Don't know if he was resentful he had to work on such a lovely day or had a fight with his spouse before he left for work or what was bugging his ass but I do know that his customer service skills suck. If I was a frequent subway user, I would have piped up to help this poor couple out but I rarely use the TTC so couldn't help them. They were getting frustrated with him, he was getting frustrated by them. They left in a huff - hope they found the right bus.

Mr. CP gave me the correct change so I could board the train and off to the subway platform I went. At the top of the escalator, just as you get off was a 1975 US dime just waiting to be picked up by moi. I pocketed it and got onto the waiting subway car.

I was meeting my friend Lis at WOTS. I haven't seen her for a while and since we both love the written word, what better place to meet up with a friend for a few hours.

We wandered, we talked, we bought and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I didn't spend my dime though. In my pocket it stayed til I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment