Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mixed Company

You can go for days and days and not find a single coin and then boom, minutes apart, multiple coins are found. Today was such a day for me.

Tuesday nights I take a night course. I just started the Editing Certificate program and the first required course is a grammar course. It turns out I don't know as much about grammar as I thought I did, but I do know a bit more than some of my classmates. The instructor is quite knowledgeable and right into this grammar business.  Tonight's lesson was nouns and subjects - a seemingly easy topic but finding the subject is not always as easy as it seems. So many rules to keep in mind when looking for the subject of a sentence and when the sentence is complex, it's not that easy.

There's about 25 people in the class. Some are taking it in hopes of getting the same certificate as me, others for other programs and a couple just for fun. And yes - grammar can be fun.

I take the train home. On my stroll from the college to the train station I found a 1985 American quarter. I had to scoot in front of some guy to get it before he spotted it. It was found on Bay Street, just north of Wellington.

At the train station, I found a shiny, brand new 2011 penny. The penny, lying on the ground between platforms 43 and 44, was waiting to be rescued from the bus patrons who would have dulled it by walking on it.

I found a total of 26 cents today or did I? Canadian money is worth a bit more than American. Does that mean I found only 25 3/4 cents?

No comments:

Post a Comment