Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Monday

Monday's are rough. I'm not a morning person and that 5:55 a.m. alarm is particularly annoying on Monday. It's annoying Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but it's especially annoying on a Monday. I ignore that alarm for as long as possible and then I jump out of bed and rush around getting lunches and myself ready. I run out the door and drive like a mad woman to the train station hoping to get there quickly so I don't have to run for the train. Some days I get to the train station early enough to take a leisurely stroll from the parking lot to the free papers and then to my spot on the platform. This leisurely pace rarely happens on a Monday. Monday's I rush for the train.

Today was a rush around morning. I had to run from my car to the train. I hate that.  On the plus side - the sun was out and it wasn't cold and I looked quite fashionable in my dress, sport socks and running shoes.

I got off the train, rushed to the stairs to get past all the slow walkers and made it outside in seconds flat. Ok, maybe not seconds but I avoided the slow pokes so I was happy.

I have to cross Front Street to get to my office. Today, as I was crossing Front, by the curb, on the street in front of Joe Badali's restaurant was a penny, just waiting to be rescued from the morning traffic. Nice to start the day with a find.

No comments:

Post a Comment