Friday, September 16, 2011

Two Pennies for a thought

The saying is a penny for your thoughts but a penny doesn't go far these days does it. But two pennies for thoughts doesn't have the same right. In any case, today I have two pennies for my thoughts.

Both the pennies were found during my lunch hour adventure. I met a friend for lunch. I have a standing weekly lunch date with this friend. Today's lunch was a quick burrito from the local burrito place and then a quick jaunt to Winners.

On the way back to the office, I found a 1980 penny on the south side of King, west of Blue Jays Way. 365 King Street to be exact. Right across the street from where this cent was found is a Shoppers Drug Mart. Then, a few blocks east, right in front of my office building, by a big planter was a dirt covered penny. I don't know if a squirrel or human or other creature dug it out or the penny knew about this blog and jumped out itself so I could write about it but there it was, waiting for me. This penny must have been buried in the dirt for a while cause even after I washed all the dirt off of it, I still couldn't make out it's year.

No comments:

Post a Comment