Thursday, September 15, 2011

Watch the Step

Not sure if I mentioned in a previous post that I work downtown. Well not right downtown but in the Entertainment District, on King Street,  facing Duncan.

I take the GO train to work and generally I like it. The ride in gives me a chance to catch up on my reading, acknowledge the other regulars and to people watch. We have the Runner - she likes to be the first one off the train and runs for the exit and down the stairs. Now I like to be one of the first people off the train as well. I'm a really quick walker and hate getting stuck behind slow pokes.

There's Bicycle Boy (who I haven't seen in a while). He likes to put his bike by the door and sit elsewhere - this is very annoying as often the bike takes up far too much room on an already crowded train and if the train hits a bump, the bike falls. Once it fell on me. Good thing I sustained no injury but I did give bicycle boy a mild verbal lashing (it was too early in the morning to really yell at him.)

At the end of the day, I climb the stairs to get to the platform - Platform 27 to be exact. Today, I held up all the people behind me. I heard one impatient sigh but tough luck you sigher. There was a 2004 dime half way up the stairs and I had to stop my climb to pick it up.  I guess the Sigher didn't know about my coin collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment