Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Marvelous Monday

The sun was out; the day was quite balmy for a February day. What more could one ask for?

I went out for my usual lunch time stroll - destination Chapters. I was walking north on John Street on the west side of John. This Chapters is on the corner of Richmond and John  (south west corner to be exact). There are trees growing in the sidewalk along John Street. In the summer it looks quite lovely; this time of year, not so much.

Right beside the Chapters (just south of it) is a Milestones Restaurant.  In front of Milestones, in the dirt surrounding the tree was a 1993 dime. I wasn't sure it was a coin until I got closer to it; it was just a little something round that shone in the sunlight. I had to cut in front of a couple of women to scoop it up. Just kidding. There were a couple of women walking behind me but I didn't have to cut in front of them to get to the coin.  It was one quick bend and scoop and then jaunt to Chapters. Although I'm sure these women did wonder what I it was I scooped up so quickly.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anna.
    It will be better is this story come with a picture. That will help you gain some readers.
    Is that another "money on a tree"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was more like a seed waiting to be planted. And I agree about the need for photos. My cell phone takes lousy pictures so I'm look for a small camera that I can easily carry with me every where I go.

    ReplyDelete