Sunday, February 19, 2012

One Cent Saturday

Yesterday was Saturday. I am the breakfast coordinator of a local writing group (WEN). We have a meeting the third Saturday of every month. Our guest speaker on Saturday was Maureen Jennings, writer of the Murdoch Mysteries. She was fabulous. It's too bad we ran out of time cause she was absolutely delightful. I was also fortunate enough to sit with her during breakfast and we had the opportunity to chat. This was a Saturday I will treasure for a long time.

My husband invited a couple for dinner (acquaintances - he curls with them, our daughter babysits their kids)  After the meeting I rushed to the grocery store to buy some stuff to make for dinner. The bad thing that happened at the grocery store was that someone took my cart in error. I left my cart in a spot to grab a couple baguettes and when I went back to the cart it was gone. That meant I had to start all over again. That also meant I forgot stuff. What I didn't forget thankfully was dessert. I bought this awesome chocolate banana cake. It was soooooo good.   In case you're wondering, I made chicken Kiev, shrimp, roast potatoes, Cesare salad and carrots for dinner. All was yummy and we had a great evening. The wine flowed all night long.

Back to the coin. When I left the grocery store with my goods, there was a 1980 US penny in the parking lot. I put it in my back pocket where it sat safely until I got home and dropped it in my piggy bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment