Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Coins everywhere

My morning was eventful. Caught the train; went to work; did my thing; day ended. I left my building and headed south. I walk with a friend from work - she went to the GO station and continued east on Front Street to my night class. I pass Union Station en route. It's under construction. The sidewalk is plywood as the workers do whatever it is they're doing underground. The front of the station has boards all about.  It was in this construction zone that I found a 2009 dime.

I saw something at Winners on Monday night and wanted to check it out again so I popped in, did a quick walk about stopping at the shoe section to check out the running shoes I'd been eyeing. They didn't have my size so I left empty handed. When I left the store, there's a grate on the sidewalk by the exit door. In that grate I found a 1972 penny.

I'm tired today so I went the Starbucks I usually go in to on school nights and ordered by large Awake tea - one tea bag. Yeah, I know that Starbucks has a different name for their large drinks - whatever. It's a large. After I paid for my tea, I notice three pennies on the ground by the counter so I scooped them up: a 1969 US penny, a 1993 Canadian penny and a 1980 Canadian penny.

Today's grand total: 14 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment