Friday, February 24, 2012

Vampire Pennies

I have a weekly lunch date with a friend.  We met today and went to one of our usual haunts - a local Japanese restaurant where the food to pretty tasty and reasonable.  You know you're a regular when the waitress knows what you want. My friend always has the same thing so she just confirmed he was having his usual. I always have something different. Today I had this spicy sweet chicken. It came with rice, miso soup and a salad - all for 7.95. Not a bad deal

We had our lunch and time for a walk. We headed to BMV - a bookshop on Queen Street. The restaurant is on the north west side of Queen and John. The bookshop is on the north east side of Queen and John. When we were crossing John Street I scooped up a 1993 penny lying in the middle of the cross walk.  When we were leaving the bookshop, I spotted a 1994 right by the outside of the door to the book shop.

My friend claims these pennies were left by vampires who'll come looking for them later. I'll let you know if any vampires show up tonight wanting to claim their lost pennies.

1 comment:

  1. Anna,

    I cannot make out your picture post a better one !

    ReplyDelete